We provide three meals a day except for the day of departure (food will be provided by PLL LOT Airlines on the flight).
- May 12, 2006 - Departure from USA. Flight to Warsaw, Poland. (If you are unable to make this trip, we will be offering another in September of this year.)
- Welcome and transfer to the hotel. Rest time. Sightseeing tour of Poland's capital, the Royal Castle, churches, etc. Dinner in the restaurant "Pomaranczarnia", located in a beautiful park.
- Flight to Krakow- See Poland's landscape from the air. Transfer to Zakopane by chartered bus. Zakopane is the winter capitol of Poland as well as a mountain spa and mecca for artists and tourists. On the way to Zakopane visit the Wieliczka salt mine, a Class "0" site on the United Nations unique world treasures list. Upon arriving at Zakopane, relax in the hotel's swimming pool followed by a sightseeing tour in a horse drawn carriage. Later enjoy a relaxed walk on the main promenade following an exceptional dinner of regional dishes.
- After breakfast, travel to Szczawnica the entry point for a raft trip down the Danube River, enabling sightseeing of Pieniny, a beautiful mountainous region. Return to Zakopane for dinner at the Devil's Gorge Tavern.
- Departure to Krakow after breakfast. Sightseeing with a local tour guide; visit the Old City*, Kazimierz and Wawel - the old Kings' of Poland Palace, with its famous Skarbiec. Dinner at Wierzynek - one of the most renowned European restaurants. Visit the Old Town Gardens.
- Trip to Wroclaw, spotlights of the Silesia region's noteworthy scenery. Sightseeing on the main streets and old downtown. Lunch in the Swidnicka Cellar - the oldest restaurant in Europe. Free time for rest/shopping, etc. Visit the Krakus Society located on the beautiful Odra River. After observing the process of creating alcoholic beverages in a unique European setting and atmosphere, you will have the opportunity to produce your own drink At their restaurant a wide variety of quality liquors will be available for sampling.
- Trip to Poznan, once a capitol of the united tribes, later called Poles. Poznan is the center of Greater Poland. En route we stop for lunch at picturesque Soplicowo in Ciechow. It is located at Lake Ciechow. The grounds consist of stables, a barn, a chicken coop, and granary. Old style Polish food will be served in the orchard. Upon our arrival in Poznan we will be staying at the Hotel "Meridien" located in Solacki park with its own lake. Sightseeing of Poznan and a tour of "Stary Browar" - voted the best mall in the European Union.
- Tour to Smolarnia, a picturesquely located village deep in a wooded protected landscaped area with a hotel at the lake, trails, activities, and an excellent restaurant. The old manor park dates back to the 17th century (700 year old oak tree called Wojtek can be seen there). Approximating the park is a water driving golf range and a nearby golf course with 9 and 18 holes.
- Trip through Bory Tucholskie and Szwajcaria Kaszubska. Rustic lunch includes fresh grilled trout served waterside at the Mylaf dam. On our journey to Gdansk, you will see the natural beauty of the varied Polish landscape.
- Trip to Oliva Cathedral. Listen to a concert on the famous Rococo organs. Following the visit to the Cathedral we will see Sopot -a summer resort and a known spa. Then a trip to Hel, a Cape Cod shaped peninsula. You will see the old ports at Jurata, Jastarnia and return to Gdansk on a recreational ship. Free time will follow.
- Trip to Malbork – the biggest teutonic castle in Poland*. Visit the Kanu club. Dine at a tavern on a deck overlooking the lake.
- Canoe trip on one of the most beautiful European waterways, the Krutynia River. Lunch and arrival at the hotel. Dinner.
- Trip to Narwia valley, tour of Pultusk and return to Warsaw.
- Sightseeing in Warsaw and “Goodbye Poland” dinner.
- May 26 - After breakfast, departure to the airport and flight to New York.
We reserve the right to change the itinerary. You will be notified of changes (if any) in the final itinerary, to be sent out approximately two weeks prior to our departure date.